E-learning Industry, an institution focused on analyzing international e-learning development. e-learning Industry has published the annual report which includes the evolution and change of the e-learning market. The forecasts of this institution are optimistic in the sense that the increase in budget allocations to online education programs is included (e-learning Industry, 2018).
Also new technologies trends and emerging resources favor online education for the coming years. These trends support the role of social learning within the teaching-learning process.
Despite this, the global e-learning industry is complex since technological trends and innovations in general lead to changes in priorities. In this sense, the tendencies identified are the following:
- Virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR).
- Intelligent assistants / Chatbots taking Siri as an iPhone reference.
- The gamification and the learning based on games.
- Adaptive and personalized learning.
- The content curation that has experienced growth due to new open source resources.
- Interactive learning based on videos.
- The social learning
- The workforce enablement to boost memory.